What do I need to participate?
- A bike capable of pulling a Burley cargo trailer (the trailer hitch attaches to your bike’s rear wheel quick-release)
- The ability to safely navigate the streets on your bike
- A helmet
- If it’s your first time delivering meals for Loaves & Fishes Center via bike or car, you’ll need to fill out a complete registration form on your first day. OHS (Oregon Health Services) requires us to perform a criminal background check to ensure the safety of our seniors.
You may deliver meals using:
- Your own bicycle and cargo cart
You will be loaned a safety vest and spare bike lock, if needed.
- Your own bicycle
You will be loaned a cargo trailer with hitch attachment, safety vest and spare bike lock, if needed.
- Safety flag, bike lights, map holder
- Mobile phone to call the center in case of emergency
When do I deliver?
We’ll work around your schedule. If you can deliver once a week or once or twice a month, we will do our best to accommodate you. If you want to be a substitute rider, let us know and we will contact you when we need your help!
Plan to arrive at your assigned center around 10-10:30 a.m. to get the trailer, coolers and meals.
I want to help, but I’m not sure about riding a bike. How else can I help?
We invite you to consider investing our community by sponsoring one or more bike trailers for the Meals-On-Two-Wheels Program. There are several sponsorship levels from which to choose. Click here for more information.
If you’d like to make a donation to Loaves & Fishes Centers, click here.
For more information on the “Meals On Two Wheels” program, please e-mail email@example.com